Friday, May 1, 2009

Long time, no post

Hi there. It looks like I have, once again, neglected my little patch of space in the digital universe. Oops. My bad.

Lots of things have changed since my last post (the U2 album is good, by the way). I finished my first year of college at BYU, which didn't seem to last very long at all. I've managed, somehow, to keep my scholarship, so in four months or so, I'll be back in P-town for another round of university education. For now, I'm back at la casa de mis padres for the summer months. I'm working, recovering from the trauma of moving from apartment to casa (How did ALL of that stuff fit into my tiny apartment?! Thanks for sharing the burden of moving, Mom.), and looking for volunteer opportunities to fill the endless empty hours that I suddenly have. It's amazing how much time 18 credit hours can take up in one's life.

To tell the truth, I feel a little bit useless with no exams to take, no edgy literature papers to write, and no psychology articles to annotate. That's why I need to find some worthy cause to which I can donate my time. I'm thinking of volunteering for the Christmas Box House... We'll see what happens! Also, blogpals, if any of you have a favorite cause that needs some help, let me know!

Anyway, here are a few picture from my Provo experience, just as proof that I really was away at school, and not just locked up in a room playing video games. (For the record, I don't play video games. Ever.)



Our cute FHE brothers: Seth, Brandon, and Mark

Studying... I think so, anyway.

Roommate photo! Love these girls

Averyl and I playing with broken jeans. And yes, I wanted to
make sure you could see all of my teeth in this picture.

It snowed a lot. This picture was taken in April. APRIL.


See, I cooked! Occasionally...

Mmm... Amish cinnamon bread. Totally worth the 10 days of preparation.

2 comments:

Holly and Derek said...

Jessica, It looks like you had a great time down at the Y! Can't believe your not engaged yet! Those boys must not be fulfilling their Preisthood responsibility! Haha! Totally joking! You know that I can only say that because I went to the U! Although I did have a great friend who went to UVSC at the time and I would go to tyhe Institute dances with her, and boys from BYU would be there too, and not kidding you, I had one boy say, after I told him my name "Holly! I remember you from the pre-existance!!" Ok! Weird! So those were my experiences from happy valley so I can say that! I'm sure that you have had some too!

I sure do miss seeing you and I hope that you have a great summer!!

Rozanne said...

If you're ever bored and looking for something to do this summer, you could borrow Lauren! She could use help with her reading, it would be a great service opportunity for you! :)