Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Miracles happen

So, about five minutes ago I was looking through a shoebox of cards/notes/sentimental items that people have given to me. I found a birthday card from my grandma. It was a very sweet card. She always customizes our birthday cards by writing a personalized, original poem in them, and then printing a photo of us. She's a great card-maker. THIS card, from my most recent birthday, was an especially cool find at this moment because. . . . it had 20 bucks in it!!!!!!!!! Wooooo!!!! Yes, that $20 has been sitting in there since early March, unbeknownst to me.

Why am I rejoicing so much over this $20? Well, mostly because I am completely broke right now. Let me diagram the situation for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's me: (me), here's poverty: (poverty).

Poverty and me, we're like this:
(pomeverty)

Yup, we're sharing parentheses. That's how close we are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'd just like to take this moment to thank my grandma for allowing me to eat this week. Thanks, Grandma!

(And thanks, Sentimental Shoebox, for acting as an interest-less savings account for the past five months!)

1 comment:

Kara L. Barney said...

If you ever need anything, please let me know--money, food, whatever! I'm here for you any hour! Love you!