Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer '11. It has begun.

Summer. Hug it. Love it. Kiss it. Hold it close and cherish it, because it's finally HERE. *crazy dance*

This summer is going to be interesting for me. It's already been one of many goodbyes, and I know more goodbyes are waiting in the near future. I'll be saying goodbye to a lot of friends, to my ward here in Provo, to my undergraduate career, etc. All of this goodbye-ing has made me realize that TIME really is precious, as cheesy as that sounds, and I don't want to let any time go to waste, no matter where I'm at in life.

So. I've decided that this summer is going to be one of pushing myself. I've long been the type of person who is AFRAID of doing things that I'm not good at, or that I've never tried before. I've recognized lately that this isn't how I want to live my life. I need to get over myself and see that OF COURSE I'm not going to be perfect at everything I try. I don't HAVE to be perfect. So I'm not going to let that fear of not being perfect hold me back from having good experiences. This summer will involve a lot of stretching and straining for my personality, my spirit, my body, and my mind. I'm excited!

So. One thing that I've been afraid of for a long time is BUYING NEW CLOTHES. I'm always nervous to try out new fashions, or even to try on clothes at all because I get frustrated really easily when I feel like I don't look "cute enough." I feel like I've been in a clothing rut for a good... 5 years. It's time to change that. So... to motivate me to try new things in the fashion department, I am entering an outfit contest being put on by my very dear friend Kailee at An Outfit a Day Keeps the Fashion Police Away.  <--Click the links to see Kailee's adorable awesomeness!!  Yaaaay contest!  CLICK THE BUTTON!
 

 I won't lie, this is going to be challenging for me.  If you click the button, you'll see that the theme is going to require lots of creativity, especially for someone like me who tends to wear the same colors (black, blue, grey, and other neutrals) allllll the time.  I'll keep you updated on what I enter.  And YOU should all enter too!  You can win a gift card to Forever 21!  Doooo it, you know you wanna!


1 comment:

Kailee said...

You are the GREATEST! And sooo nice and a wonderful friend! I don't want to say goodbye to you this summer :( but don't worry..it won't be goodbye! I will write you every week on your mish and we'll see you when you get back. Thanks for posting the button! I'm sure you'll make an awesome outfit. :) Also, I loved talking to you today! I love you lots and lots!! :)