Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Today I was compelled to act violently

Today my mom and my sister and I went shopping together (all part of The Famous Fortnight of Fantastic-time-spending!!). As we were driving down the road, we ended up at a stoplight, right behind the most revolting, horrendous, sinfully ugly thing I have ever seen. It was...

a Chevrolet SSR.
BARF!!!!

I think I have found the ugliest car on the planet. As I stared at its ugly, lumpy, imitation-truck backside, I found myself undergoing a strange chemical/hormonal/whatever reaction. Hatred for that nasty, naaasty vehicle started to well up inside of me. I had a strong urge to act violently toward that pathetic excuse for a car... or is it a truck...? Or a hideous beast of ugliness and death? I don't know what it is. But I wanted to kill it. I still kind of want to maim it a little bit.

Normally, I'm not a violent person. I guess not anyway. But for some strange reason, seeing that... THING made me horrifically angry. I like cars. I drive what is possibly the cutest car on earth.
Ta-daaa!!
Everyone, meet Poppy.
:)
Now, I realize that it is not always practical to drive your dream car. Sometimes you have to stick with the car that has enough space, fits within your budget, and gets you from point A to point B. I used to drive my parents' old maroon Astro van, and I was extremely grateful to be able to do so. I understand that a car is, primarily, a practical item. But the SSR (Super Sport Roadster--what?!?!) is not only ugly, it is impractical! What can you put in the bed of the truck? Umm, pretty much nothing. How many people does it seat? TWO. How expensive is it? Upwards of $24,000! Insane!

Anyway, sorry about the rant. Also, my apologies to any owners of a Chevy SSR that may be reading this. Really, I'm so sorry that you drive that car.

5 comments:

Rach said...

Wow Jessica, you concealed your emotions well, I could feel a little bit of tension in the car, but never did I guess that this much rage existed in you :) (or this much hilariousness)... and I agree, PUKING is appropriate!... did I just say that *shudder*...

MackenziLee said...

dear poppy,
I have terrible news for you. rupert is being sold....:( he still loves you, but doesn't think this long distance relationship is really working out. So maybe if your paths cross again you can make it work....
Love, Mackenzi

BS said...

Mackenzi-that is hilarious

Jessica-do I need to fear for the life of Truck? I'm a little scared now....

jCroft(y) said...

Rachel: I pride myself on my composure. Also, please do not puke. That would be yucko.

Mackenzi and Rupert: This news is devastating.... Rupert and Poppy must park side by side once more. Arrangements shall be made before Poppy departs to Provo.

Briana: Don't fret, my friend. Truck is way too awesome to be the object of any ill feeling. I mean, Truck's interior is tastefully decorated with lovely stars and other such mementos. How could I not love Truck? :)

heidikins said...

Lol, this is delightful.

And I agree that a VW bug is the cutest car in the world. I'm on my second one and absolutely adore it.

xox

(Security word: "ickiest" Seriously.)