Thursday, January 20, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I read this great blog called The Daybook, where every Thursday is a day of awkwardness and awesomeness as lived by the author. Today I'm being a copycat and writing my own awkward and awesome moments from today. Enjoy!

AWKWARD:
  • Running up the hill to class with a backpack on. Running uphill with a backpack=awkward lunging forward like a pre-humanoid with scoliosis. Running with a backpack in general=looking like a freshman. Oh the shame. I swear, I've been here for three years!
  • Singing passionately to a song playing in the car while sitting in an empty parking lot, and then suddenly realizing that the parking lot is not, in fact, empty. Why helloooooooo, mustachioed man getting out of his car. Welcome to my private vocal concert of Taylor Swift songs.
  • Eating free popcorn you scored at the housing fair on campus, and getting a huge piece stuck right between my front teeth. Like, a piece big enough that I could feel all of my orthodontic work being undone. Ouch.
  • A relatively large pile of used *ahem* feminine hygiene products spilling out from a bag by the dumpster near my apartment complex. Eeeesh.
  • Having nobody come to see me during my office hours. When nobody comes to see me, I feel suuuper awkward because it looks like I'm just a random student who decided to chill in a fancy office and read a book without permission. I'm supposed to be sitting in that office, I swear! Yeah, I'm talking to you, people who walk down the hall and give me disapproving looks.
  • When someone forgets to flush. Seriously. Eeeeewwwww.
  • People making incredibly racist comments in a class on cultural diversity. Ummmmm.... *everyone avoids making eye contact with others while the person rambles racistly on*
AWESOME:
  • Getting free candy from my former apartment complex's booth at the housing fair. Why yes, I will take your candy, but I will never give you money ever again. Ha!
  • Finishing homework with enough time left to blog.
  • Banana + peanut butter. Love.
  • Having a piano in my apartment. Every day = jam session!!!
  • Waking up warm. I'm usually shivering in my little nightie when I wake up, but this morning was pleasantly cozy.
  • Only having one class today. Booyah.
  • A new job (possibly). Fingers crossed and crossed again on this one....
Overall, a decent Thursday. What were your awkwards and awesomes?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Daybook! and finishing homework with enough time to blog :)

http://katrihakes.blogspot.com

Kailee said...

Hahaha oh jess you made me laugh lots :) I miss you! What job are you getting?! I hope it comes through..! :) Love you and see you in 6 DAYS!!!