Monday, March 7, 2011

21

So... Today is my 21st birthday.

WHAT?!?

I remember being 10 and thinking that I would never make it to age 21. That's so OLD. I remember thinking a similar thing at age 16. And 17 and 18 and 19 and 20. But now I'm 21 and I still feel like I'm 14 in a lot of ways. And in a lot of other ways, I feel like I'm 30 (which is also NOT OLD... or so I hear). All of this growing up business is very time-warpish. I'm not sure how to deal with it.

In other news, I forgot to renew my driver's license. Ooooooooops. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME! I get to have a SIDEWAYS-FACING driver's license!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say 30 is not old but when you reach 30 you feel old because athletes are younger than you, missionaries are way younger than you. You realize that people in high school weren't even in school when you graduated. So even though you aren't old you feel old in a lot of ways. :)
I do remember the thought of 21 being old and that I would never reach it. It turned 21 in the year 2000. I also had Anthony when I was 21 so it was a good year.
Anywho that's my 2 cents :)