Sunday, August 31, 2008

New College Life!

Hello everyone. :) Just so you know, I have officially finished my first week in Provo! Classes will start on Tuesday, and so far everything is going wonderfully.

I'm living in the Riviera Apartments just west of campus. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to get to the main buildings, so I'll definitely be getting a lot of walking in over the next nine months or so. The BYU campus is enormous.

My roommates are fantastic! I'm sharing a bedroom with my pal Averyl, one of my best friends from high school, which has been a blast so far. Two of my other roommates, the lovely Jessalyn and the lovely Briana, also went to high school with me. Amber, roomie number 5, went to Brighton, but I forgive her for that. :) She's a beautiful girl and I'm glad I'm getting to know her. Roomie number 6 is Melanie, who is from France! She's very nice and I'm so excited to be able to share an apartment with her!

So, like I said, I've been down here for about a week. This week was New Student Orientation, so I got to hang out with an awesome group of new Freshmen and see the campus/go to a rally and a fireside, and play loud games on Helaman Field. It's been so much fun! There are so many new people to meet.

Here are a couple of pics of my new surroundings! I will be sure to update more in the coming weeks!

3 comments:

Rach said...

wowza it's so much cleaner :) Oh and by the way mom and dad have been waiting for you to post something! :)

Lara B said...

I am so glad you are liking it there. Good luck with all the crazy classes you are taking. Have fun with your roomies, they may end up being some of the best friends you will ever have. Take care. Love ya!

Holly and Derek said...

It looks like prison!!! Sooooo just kidding! You know that I am not a BYU fan...I just have to give you a hard time! Good luck with school. Six girls in one apartment...let me know how that all turns out! I hope you have six bathrooms too!