Saturday, January 9, 2010

Poetic blast from the past

I have absolutely NOTHING interesting to post, so I'm going to post some poetry I wrote in 9th grade. Yes, I used to write poetry. All the time. Multiple times a day. Every day. I was a little bit freaky in my younger days. There's nothing wrong with poetry, but I was one of those weird kids who always felt so much and just had to get it out by writing. I only wrote in black pen and I wore mostly black shirts. Yeah.

I'm going out on a limb (my left arm, to be specific) by publishing this. I've never done this before. Here we go!

-------------------------------------------

Static

The headphones cling
like shining leeches
to his sweat-slicked ears.
The static hisses--

heavy,
faithful

--and he sulks
beneath his black
noisemaker god.
There is a glare in his
monster-green eyes and the

hisssssssss

is creeping over his tongue.

He jumps
at a

pause

in the music and
with a
snap
breaks his own
stiffened neck.

6 comments:

Derek said...

... *snap* *snap*

BS said...

very nice.

I used to write poetry a lot too.:) This makes me smile. :)

MackenziLee said...

i still write poetry....only in black pen....and wear a lot of black shirts....oh.

David said...

is it just me or is it not sad that his neck breaks? or maybe I'm just to literal and can't understand the deeper/finer meanings of poetry... :)

Jessica C. Gilliland said...

Derek: Thank you.

Briana: Thank you. I didn't know you wrote poetry!

Mackenzi: Confession: I still only write in black pen, and I still wear black shirts all the time. :)

David: Interesting observation.... ;)

Lauren said...

I love poetry. All poetry. Yes. ps-I found a book of literature from Midvale of Briana's and a couple poems are yours. They are great. That's all.