Saturday, January 30, 2010

Candlelight

SO. David (The Boy) and I usually have a date night on Fridays. Last night was his turn to pick the date activity. For a while I thought he wouldn't be able to come up with something.... but he did. Here is the story.

We went to the gym on campus, which I love to do. Gym on a date night is awesome! Good job, David. We pumped iron hardcore, then we went back to our respective apartments and showered and beautified ourselves. (Well, I suppose David handsomeized himself and I beautified myself... anyway.)

I went over to his apartment to see what else he had planned. He opened the door and he was wearing a classy suit with a classy wine-red dress shirt. Woohoo!

I walked into the kitchen and found this:
(excepting that the lights were off so it was all candle-lighty and lovely)

Cute, yeah?!?! The sandwiches are pb&j and pb&deliciousyummyhoney, and the little green square on my plate is a piece of dee-lish German chocolate.

:)

David did a very good job. We even spoke Spanish for the duration of the meal so as to make it more romantica. :) Heh heh. It was good for me to practice my Spanish... the conversation was very one-sided at points because I didn't know enough words to respond to his fluent-ness. :)

Anyway, I thought I should do a post on this date just to show all the guys out there an example of a very cute, thoughtful, original (and uncostly) date, as well as to thank David for a fun night. (P.S. this was my first candlelight dinner, which makes it even more cute. Woohoo!)

6 comments:

Derek said...

hahahahaha the cheese runs thick :)

David said...

I don't know what the "David (The Boy)" part means, though I think more fitting would be "David (The Man)" haha :)

*amber* said...

So fun! But sad because I haven't been able to see the pictures on your blog lately for some reason... but I'm sure it was lovely!

Lara B said...

That is great! Cheesy can be fun- Derek:) PB & honey is one of my favorite meals, sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun I hope next time he can top that. I think that is why Aaron doesn't do things like that (though we have been together forever) because that way he won't have to top it the next time :) lol

Jessica C. Gilliland said...

Julia:

Next time it's MY turn to top it. It's my turn to pick the next activity, so I'll have to think of something good. :)