Monday, June 29, 2009

Love... and Loss... at First Sight

Today I fell in love.

Unfortunately, it only lasted for about 7 minutes.

But still. I fell in love.... with these shoes (click here)!!!

Call me a dork, but I think those shoes are h-a-w-t hawt. They're so Americana, but with a touch of modern funk/etsy-ish craftiness. Gah. So cool. But UNFORTUNATELY, my love affair with these shoes was cut short because there are ZERO pairs of this shoe in my size in any of the stores in the valley. Dumb! How could this happen to me? I was almost willing to squeeze my feet into the shoes that were a 1/2 size too small for me, but I decided against it. Sure, I can stand in shoes that are too small, maybe even walk in them, but I'd only last about five minutes.

So, sorry for being a total dork and having a crisis over a pair of shoes, but I went shoe shopping for about... um... TWO HOURS and I didn't find anything that would satisfy me (besides these lovelies). Yeah, I'm really picky. Grr. And sorry if you think those shoes are ugly. Actually, not sorry, because I think they're kind of cool. :) And I promise that I am not shallow! It's okay to be in love with a pair of shoes. This doesn't prevent me from having a deep discussion on the themes of revenge and guilt in Shakespeare's Othello. I just can't help but think how much hotter I would look in a Shakespearean discussion if i were wearing those shoes.... Anyway, thanks for reading my rant!

5 comments:

BS said...

LOVING THE SHOES!!! Order them online girl, they are HOTT!!!!

Rach said...

They ARE HOT!!! Me gusta zapatos... and I want those, if you don't buy them I call them!!!! How much do they cost??? :)

averyl said...

and thus you are my heroine. i approve of these majestic beauties.

averyl said...

this, my child, is a real shoe. you've finally matured into a beautiful, young, adept, and flourishing shoe-woman.

i'm tearing up... BAAHHH!!! your shoe-soul has grown so much! i'm so proud!

heidikins said...

I'm completely in-love with shoes, and that pair is beautiful. I am actually a bit teary that they aren't in your size.

xox