Sunday, June 14, 2009

Top Ten Inventions

The Science Museum in London recently created a top 10 list of the most important objects invented in history. Here's their list:
  • Steam engine
  • V2 rocket engine
  • Electric telegraph
  • Stephenson's Rocket
  • X-ray machine
  • Model T Ford
  • Penicillin
  • Pilot ACE Computer
  • DNA double helix
  • Apollo 10 capsule
I thought I'd make a top 10 list of the inventions that are most important to me. Here's my list!
  • Volkswagen (originally started by Adolf Hitler and Ferdinand Porsche!)
  • acetominophen
  • the personal computer
  • the telephone (...including the cellular variety)
  • movable type printing press (revolutionized the mass-production of books!)
  • indoor plumbing
  • World Wide Web
  • plastic
  • the Interstate highway system
  • the piano
These are mostly off of the top of my head, and there are many more inventions for which I am very grateful, but I thought I'd stick to a short list of 10, just so I don't bore anyone. But I'm interested to know what YOU would choose for your list of 10. Go for it!

No comments: