Friday, July 10, 2009

Oh, how I've missed thee, blog. Actually, not so much.

Well, it appears that I haven't updated my blog in a while. Oops. I suppose my only excuse for not posting is that I just haven't really... cared. Sorry if that's offensive to anyone who is super in love with blogging. I like blogging, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I prefer real life and a handwritten journal. But FRET NOT, because you'll keep hearing from me. I know you were all SUPER concerned that this was a goodbye post, but it's not. Your bloggy lives can remain safe and sound under the watchful eye of jCroft(y). (P.S. - this blog needs a different name. "jCroft(y)" just doesn't cut it. Suggestions are welcome. Perhaps I shall even create a cute little poll so you can vote on a new blog name. Woohoo!)

Umm... I should probably report some stuff since I'm updating. I guess my latest news is that I am officially a volunteer for LifePath, which is a hospice service. My job as a volunteer will be to provide companionship/support for hospice patients. Most of the patients have six months or less to live, so the hospice services help to make them as comfortable as possible before they pass away. I'll mostly be sitting and talking with the patients, reading to them, helping them record life histories, and helping them be aware of and express their emotions as they go through the dying process. I know, it sounds like pretty heavy stuff, but I'm really looking forward to working with the patients. I think it'll be a very unique and sacred experience, and hopefully I'll be able to help these individuals in some small way.

Anyway, I guess that's about it. Hopefully this post will get me back into the bloggy mood. Hasta luego, bloggy pals.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Oh seester of mine... you're just too good sometimes... I'm excited for your volunteering though! I wish I could do it... but I don't think I would do a very good job, so I'm glad you're doing it, you'll be a good last companion for these people!!! Awesome stuff... and I'm offended... about your lack of love for blogging...

MackenziLee said...

dear jessica.

I love you.

In other news, I miss you.

That's all.

Love,
Mackenzi

BS said...

Jessica, that is awesome that you are doing that. Good luck!