Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm baack!

Best. Vacation. Ever.

I'll have to describe this vaycay (read: "vacation," shortened and cutesified) in a few shortish blog posts instead of one giant post. I feel like the latter option would be the equivalent of making you all watch a long and boring slideshow of vacation photos.

First: the Salt Flats at sunrise. I realized, as we started our drive to California, that I have never seen the Salt Flats. I've lived in UT my whole life, and I've never been there. Nuts. Luckily, we took the scenic route and I got to be there just as the sun was coming up. Gorgeous.


(Please forgive the occasional cell phone pics....)

Around noon on the first day of driving, we came across a "town" called Tonopah, Nevada. This place is scary. One of the biggest features of the town was a clown motel. It was not cool. Me no likey. Glimpse into the evil freakishness thereof:
Freaky. I have other pictures, but they're too frightening to post.

After narrowly escaping the zombie-like grasp of Tonopah, we made our way to Tioga Pass near Yosemite. This place was beautiful. Observe:

Unforgettably gorgeous. Aaaahhh. Well, that's enough for now. Coming soon: gigantic, red, fuzzy trees and other nature-ish stuff.

3 comments:

Kara L. Barney said...

I'm glad you're coming back to us! I miss you and I love you, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much!

Rebecca said...

So Pretty! I have lived most of my 22+ years in Utah and I only saw the Salt Flats this last June...strange huh? Can't wait to hear/ see more!

PS
Clowns are just SCARY!!

Rozanne said...

SO FUNNY! We just saw that clown motel when we left Tonopah. That's right, we stayed in Tonopah a few weeks ago, but at the much ritzier Ramada. We saw the salt flats, and it was also my first time after living here for ages.